On 19th September at the BioMeet 2022 Congress in in Oeiras, Portugal, the Portuguese Chapter of the BSP was officially launched. We are overjoyed that the BSP and its mission continues to grow across Europe!
The Pact was signed by no less than 14 Portuguese biotech leaders in the company of an esteemed audience, which included Portuguese Minister for Economy and Maritime Industry António Costa Silva, who congratulated and welcomed the signature of the new BSP chapter in Portugal in his closing remarks.
Not only does this represent exciting growth of the BSP into the Portuguese space, but has brought with it several new members of the project. We would like to extend a warm welcome to our new signatories:
- António Portela, CEO, BIAL
- Bruno Santos, CEO, Immunethep
- Pedro Castanheira, Head of Protein Sciences, Immunethep
- Daniela Couto, Partner, BioGeneration Ventures
- David Braga Malta, Venture Partner, Pictet Private Equity
- David Cristina, Executive Director, Fosun
- Filipe Assoreira, ex-CEO, Nano4 Global
- Henrique Veiga Fernandes, CSO, LiMM Therapeutics
- José Pereira-Leal, CEO, Ophiomics
- Paulo Barradas, CEO, Bluepharma
- Raquel Fortunato, CEO, GenIbet
- Rui Amandi de Sousa, CEO, Stemmatters
- Sérgio Simões, CEO, Luzitin
- Simão Soares, CEO, SilicoLife
We’re particularly thrilled that, with this new influx of signatories, the BSP family has officially grown to over 100!
The BSP received high visibility at the event in the form of posters, banners and leave-behinds. The event was attended by journalists with already two media publications in SAPO and Expresso, as well as an OpEd from Steering Committee members Julien Patris (Alnylam) and Anant Murthy (argenx) published in Observador.
The event was live streamed and a recording is available here.
We are immensely grateful to P-BIO and Expresso for their support and collaboration in preparation for this milestone event.